Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Like a lead balloon?

This past weekend we went to visit my parents and my sister and her husband. I have been hesitant to share about our move until I was a little more sure of it myself. I also wanted to do it face to face. On the trip up, I asked Kara if she thought we should warn the kids not to say anything about moving. She said that she didn't think they would mention it. You guessed it! In unison Samuel and Kensley said "hi, did you know we were moving"? Not quite how I had hoped to break the news but very effective at getting everyone's attention. They were very shocked that we will be moving so far away but I think they got a sense of how God is working in us.

Kara is in Little Rock right now with the kids during spring break. Our house is so quiet, almost too quiet. Last night I had to turn the fan on to make some sort of noise so I could fall to sleep. While they are gone I am trying to finish up some cabinet projects and get ready for our garage sale this weekend. We both have really taken a hard look at all of our stuff. We have so much stuff that we don't even know what it is. The idea of moving anything more that we have to is helping us to decide which stuff to sell. Ever notice how many of one thing you can accumulate over the years? I've found enough paint to cover our house 15 times too bad its covered in brick and aluminum siding.

Sorry for the rambling, it must be the quietness here. If you have a chance say a prayer for us as we attempt to have this garage sale. It will take a lot of effort to get everything put out. I do like having garage sales though. If for nothing else to get a glimpse into how God has wired some of the people that will come our way. I pray that in some way we can see them the way God sees them and meet a need that they weren't expecting.

Jeff

No comments: