What if this journey over the past year was just to see if we were willing to obey God? Only time will tell. The latest is.....that we will not be moving to Columbia this summer. We kept hoping for windows of opportunity to open and while they might have been there we didn't see them.
If we has unplugged ourselves completely with the limited resources we had we would be in need very quickly. Not to say that God wouldn't have provided or that He won't in the future. We just felt a lot of peace about staying here for awhile longer.
I know a lot of people have been praying over us, some even praying that we won't decide to go.
We have felt your prayers and deeply appreciate them. Although we won't be going to Columbia, we will most likely be moving to a new house. Without saying too much, we don't think the current owner will continue to be its owner for very much longer. The house needs some pretty extensive work and we don't know if that will happen. Probably a good time to move on.
Kara still has a desire to go back to teaching and has a great opportunity that would work out great for all the kids.
I have updated our prayer list to reflect the new ones we have. Please continue to lift us up.
We desire to share what God is teaching us through all of this and what staying here provides. We love this area, our church, and our friends so staying here is a blessing.
Thanks again for joining us on our journey, for now the journey doesn't involve a cross country move.