Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blessing of Prayer

At our church we have a team of people that pray over needs of our staff. This month our team was asked to give them specific requests that they could be praying for us. I submitted requests for someone to replace my position when I leave, and also for clear direction for where and what God is planning for us.

I must say that was an incredible experience. They definitely are in tune with how to pray, and I felt a huge sense of the Holy Spirit in that time of prayer. This past week my boss has had some health issues that have created a lot of questions as to if this is the right time to leave. I remember having similar feelings when discussing when should we start trying to have kids. Sometimes it will never be the right time, but it happens and you find out that God will provide.
My assurance in moving comes from knowing that God is bigger than I can ever make Him out to be. Who am I to doubt that He knows completely what is going on and knows what the future holds? I have an overwhelming trust that God knows what He is doing, He will provide.

Lord, thank you for the people you put into my path today! Their love for you and desire to serve you has blessed me immensely. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Jeff

No comments: