Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Moving bid

So how money does it cost to pick your family up, move them across country and re-establish some sort of order. My first rough guess is somewhere between $18,459.23 to $210,365.05. If anyone has that laying around and isn't using it or for that matter want it back we would gladly take it off your hands. Okay so maybe that might be exaggerating a little.
Regardless we are in the stockpiling phase of moving. We had a garage sale last weekend and have a great start on our relocation fund. It is interesting to find what things you are willing to get rid of them so you don't have to move them. For instance, we have a beautiful entertainment center that I built a few years ago. If I can sell it, then I don't have to move it. It weighs a bunch, and who knows who will be on the other end of the trip to unload it. Anyone need a really nice entertainment center? When we went thru the kitchen for garage sale items we found 3 or 4 dip bowls. I can't remember ever using them so why keep them. I saw a trick where you turn you hangers around on clothes in your closet and only hand them the right way when you wear it. Thus indicating if it deserves to be in your closet. So far I have turned 6 things around. Needless to say we have so much that we just don't need.
After the garage sale I have been thinking of what we can do to use this stuff to bless others. I welcome any suggestions. I know there are so many in need and that even the smallest stuff could bless someone else. Who will I run across that just needs a few clothes for their kids, or who will I meet that doesn't have kitchen stuff because of a fire? Besides making the money from the sale and knowing it will go a long way in getting us to South Carolina, it was just nice to get some of the extra stuff out. It begs the question what stuff do I really need.
Jeff

No comments: