Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweet time!

Today I had the sweet opportunity to pray with Kara away from all the distractions that surround us. Kensley was in school, Samuel at his pre-school, and Shelby was at mother's day out. So we snuck away to just sit and pray. We try to pray together at night before bed, unfortunately its probably no more than 2 or 3 times a week. With all the decisions and planning and hoping for jobs, I just wanted to get a break with Kara.
We went out by Beaver lake and sat at a picnic table and just opened our hearts to God. We didn't have an agenda other than to spend time with our Creator. Some tears were shed as we laid our concerns at His feet but overall it was very peaceful. We have so much to be thankful for and I am sure we could have spent days just praising God for everything that we have been blessed with.
My intention was to surrender my will to what He is orchestrating for us. Too often I want to drive where He is leading me, to rush ahead of Him. I wonder how many times I have messed up what He has in store for me in my lack of patience.
We walked away from this knowing we need to take more time to do this together. It was great to connect with Kara in prayer like this. We feel like we are on the same page with what God is teaching us and how He is moving in us. This was just another step in growing closer to Him together.
As we drove away we got to see 3 young deer crossing the road in front of us. I felt like it was a blessing from our awesome God!
Jeff

1 comment:

Karen Olsen said...

I just now got to catch up on some of your blog entries. It is SO evident that you both are laying this at His feet... what a great testimony! Thank you for letting me peek into your journey...what a blessing!